Thursday, April 21, 2011

Losing yourself in your kids

So, we've all been there. We wake up one morning to "Mooooooom! I'm hungry!!!" and we wonder, "What the heck?!?!? What happened to my morning cup of coffee in silence??"
We then wake up and proceed to meet the needs of all of our family members, while pushing to the back-burner the things we wanted to do for ourselves. Hair done? HA! pontytail here I come. Make-up? Does grabbing your daughters cherry-sparkle chapstick and swiping some on count? Dressed up? Ya think so huh? Sweats are just so versatile, aren't they? Besides, have you ever tried to chase down your child who forgot their lunch box (OK! OK! I forgot to hand it over lol) in HEELS??? Not safe, especially if you have not consumed the required amount of coffee for athletic events!
Want to read a book? Ummm, yeah, maybe while you're on line in the supermarket or at the bank, oh wait, can't do that then 'cause you'll probably fall asleep and miss your turn!
We wait and wait for our children to walk and talk...and then we PRAY that they will sit down and hush up, even for a measly 5 minutes.
Well, I would love to write more, but I am getting kicked off the computer by my 5 year old because she has to check her Facebook and my 8 year old wants to play a game. OH and the dog is whining because he wants to be covered!!
have a great night!!!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment