Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sometimes it just works!

So, today was Easter. Happy Easter to all of my friends who celebrate it!
Kids woke me up at 6:15 a.m. to see if the Easter Bunny had come. He had. The were thrilled with their baskets, even though they didn't hold much, just some pencils, a small stuffed lamb, a chocolate bunny....and oh yes! The best thing ever (according to them), a gift card to Claire's Accessories store! YAY!! Just what they wanted! How did the Bunny know?!?!?!? lol
We spent some time relaxing, then they started...at 7:15...."Can we get dressed in our Easter clothes now?" "When are we going to Grandma & Peepaw's house?" "NOW can we get dressed?!?!?!?" lol very excited kiddos!
So, I let them get dressed around 8, we all get ready, go to the store to print out some pics (only because my sis and sis-in-law have been waiting for the 5 pic of my youngest since she turned 5.....back in September lol) and we go to church. It was a nice mass, not to long that the kids got antsy.
Church is over and guess what I hear? Yup! "Are we going to Grandma n Peepaw's NOW???" YESSSSSSSS  we are!!!!
It was a beautiful day, the weather cooperated, 2 of my youngest nephews were there. The kids had so much fun hunting for Easter eggs and playing together, no one fought, no family drama.
It was just a really nice day spent with people we love. Now, as we all know, there are many times when families get together and there is drama, so I am happy to say that this was one day were there was nothing but FUN! I am so lucky to have such a great family and am truly thankful that my girls have such awesome relationships with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins!! xoxo
So, yes, sometimes it all just WORKS!

2 comments:

  1. W00T for good times had by all! Much love, Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! It's soooo much nicer when there's no drama and everyone gets along!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete